A friend of mine asked if I wanted this old duncan phyfe table a neighbor of hers was getting rid of. Since it was free I took it but it needed a lot of work. I love the legs and knew with some tlc it could become a great piece.
I had to reglue the dowels into the base on several of the legs. I clamped them and let them dry overnight.
I sanded the entire base and sprayed it with Kilz oils base primer and then a semi-gloss white paint. I taped of the brass foot coverings.
The veneer was chipped and lifting in several spots on the top.
I glued, clamped and puttied the veneer. Then I sanded the entire top. The right side has been sanded in the pic below.
After I cleaned the top I stained it with dark walnut.
Then I gave the top two coats of matte polycrylic. Wish I had better after pictures but it turned out really nice.
It was way more work than I anticipated but it's hard not to look at something and see what it can be!!!
I'm linking up to Transformation Thursday., Funiture Feature Friday, Frugal Friday, and Primp Your Stuff.