This poor chair had seen better days. The horizontal piece in the front holding the legs together was bowed so bad I couldn't get the pegs to fit back inside the holes in the legs. I cut a 2 x 4 and replaced it. Then I glued and clamped to make the frame sturdy.
I replaced the webbing and burlap but was able to save the original wool stuffing. I added new quilt batting over the wool.
I gave the frame a coat of white paint and lightly distressed the edges and details. Then it got a new upholsetry job with Damask duckcloth.
And here is the finished product.
Another chair makeover. I bought this chair frame at a yard sale. It was raw wood and the finish rough as if it were left outside. I sanded it down, painted the frame in gray semi gloss, added webbing, foam, stuffing, and batting. Then upholstered it in a thick fabric I'd bought for new curtains in my bedroom. I decided against using it for curtains and it has been sitting in my fabric closet for a year. It looks great on the chair.
They turned out beautifully but I won't be doing chair reupholstering any time soon!