I picked up a small duncan phyfe dining table and two lyre back chairs at our local thrift store last week. The table was $7 and the chairs $1 a piece. To say they needed some tlc is an understatement. The joints on the chairs were loose so I spent a good hour glueing, clamping, and repairing them.
One was upholstered in green and cream stripes and the other was red with cream swirls. The fabric was filthy. This is after the chairs were repaired and sanded.
The table base and top were also sanded.
Then I sprayed them with black paint in an eggshell finish. This is always the easy part. It took me about 10 minutes to spray everything. I was fortunate to get a warmer day to paint outside last week.
And after three hours work here is the finished product!!!
I used scraps from a painter's drop cloth for the fabric on the chairs. Then I used masking tape to tape off and paint the stripes and stenciled on the laurel wreath and year. I wanted them to look like they were recovered with an old grain sack.
Wish I had room to keep them!!!