Today's Before and After
Saturday, September 13, 2014
I found this 7 foot tall armoire on Craigslist for $40. It is solid and very well built. I tried to sell it "as is" for the longest time and had no takers. So I decided to repuropse it since it was so big.
I removed many screws and seperated the top and bottom portions. Then I gave the bottom a new top and it became dresser. I painted it bright white semi gloss and sprayed the pulls oil-rubbed bronze.
I wanted to make the top portion into a cabinet and didn't like the depth of it so I cut 10 inches off the back of it all the way around with my skill saw. The front measures 14 inches deep.
It only had one shelf in the middle so I added two more shelves and a beadboard back. I added legs (I got a large box of furniture legs at a yard sale for $1 for the box). I primed and painted and added chicken wire to the doors. It stands 5 feet tall. Both pieces sold within minutes of listing them!!!
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Monday, March 24, 2014
I picked up this old dresser Friday. I remembered to take a picture after I had already removed the ugly plastic decorative pieces on six of the drawers. The dresser is laying on it's back and I'm standing on a chair taking this picture but you get the idea.
After sanding, priming painting, and giving it new pulls. I love the way it turned out.
It sold right away!!!
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
I picked up this antique desk last week. It is solid wood and very sturdy but the finish was pretty scratched up. I filled some nicks and scratches with wood filler, sanded, and painted it in a dark gray semi gloss.
I've had the hutch in the garage for several months and it fit nicely with the desk so I married the two pieces. The hutch was white with floral contact paper on the back. It took a while to get all that contact paper off but it cleaned up nicely.
I love the original brass pulls!!!!
I'm very happy with the end result and hoping she finds a new home soon!!!
Saturday, January 4, 2014
This poor chair had seen better days. The horizontal piece in the front holding the legs together was bowed so bad I couldn't get the pegs to fit back inside the holes in the legs. I cut a 2 x 4 and replaced it. Then I glued and clamped to make the frame sturdy.
I replaced the webbing and burlap but was able to save the original wool stuffing. I added new quilt batting over the wool.
I gave the frame a coat of white paint and lightly distressed the edges and details. Then it got a new upholsetry job with Damask duckcloth.
And here is the finished product.
Another chair makeover. I bought this chair frame at a yard sale. It was raw wood and the finish rough as if it were left outside. I sanded it down, painted the frame in gray semi gloss, added webbing, foam, stuffing, and batting. Then upholstered it in a thick fabric I'd bought for new curtains in my bedroom. I decided against using it for curtains and it has been sitting in my fabric closet for a year. It looks great on the chair.
They turned out beautifully but I won't be doing chair reupholstering any time soon!