I picked up this bench at a yard sale last spring for $5. I've tried repeatedly to sell it at shows and on craigslist but didn't have one bite. I didn't want to reduce the price under $30 so I gave it a makeover. It was hard to take it apart knowing how long it must have taken someone to do that needlepoint. I was somewhat justified in refinishing it since it sagged really badly.
When I removed the bottom cover I discovered the webbing was falling apart. It was full of grass. This baby is old.
I sanded, primed, painted and distressed the frame. I redid the webbing and added two layers of quilt batting. Then I reupholstered it with a painter's dropcloth. I had a very old piece of ticking I used for the pleated ruffle around the bottom. It is so fresh and updated now.
I'm linking to Primp Your Stuff Wednesday.