Friday, May 25, 2012

White Antique Dresser with Mirror and A Burlap Wreath

Last month was a neighboring towns community yard sale.  There were over 100 sales in this small town.  My truck was packed with three dressers, a cedar chest, an arm chair, a coffee table, an end table, an old paneled door, old suitcases, old spools and lots of other goodies.  I had to quit shopping when I couldn't fit anymore.

I forgot to take a picture of this dresser before I started priming but I did get a picture of the drawers.  It was painted brown and had old pictures on the front.

You get the idea.  Dated and boring.

Here she is all fancy in her new white coat.



She sold right away!!!!

I just finished a cute burlap wreath.  I wish I could say the idea was mine but I copied my friend Karen.  I started with a Christmas card holder wreath from Michaels.  It was $1 after Christmas on the clearance rack.

I sprayed it off white so none of the red would show through.

I had several rolls of this burlap ribbon I picked up at Micheals for 50% off.  It's 10 yards long and cost me $2.50 a roll.

I simply looped it through each hole and fluffed each loop.  I didn't use anything to attach it.  It is stuck firmly.  This project took me an hour from start to finish and I love how it turned out!!!


I'm linking with Primp Your Stuff Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you always make things look so good! That dresser looks great after you are done. And that wreath, I love it!! And it looks so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that burlap ribbon, but now I'm going back for that wire form! Love your dresser with the white bath, ahem, makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! White dressers are one of my favorite things :-) (And your wreath is adorable, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a change! and also LOVE the burlap wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.